University Teacher of Physics
Position: University Teacher of Physics
Institution: University of Ljubljana
Location: Ljubljana, Slovenia
Application closes at: Apr 11th, 2020 00:00
Faculty of Mathematics and Physics (FMF) is a constitutive member of University of Ljubljana (UL) in Slovenia and is a medium sized faculty (~ 1000 students, ~ 250 employees). FMF is committed to excellence in research, undergraduate education and postgraduate training. It also plays a leading role in physics and mathematics nationally and internationally and uses its expertise to contribute to society's future through conducting a cutting-edge research and by teaching and developing the careers of the next generation of physicists and mathematicians.
ASSIGNMENT: This full-time appointment (tenure-track or tenure, depending on experience) includes research and teaching in physics at bachelor, master and postgraduate level, as well as supervising master and doctoral theses.
The selected candidate is expected to pursue original research in the field of advanced experimental high energy physics at international level. He/she will also have to take on organizational and administrative duties at department and faculty level.
We are seeking an inspired candidate with proven international scientific reputation and a wide range of skills and knowledge in the field of high energy physics. We particularly welcome the candidates with expertise in applications of high energy physics in medicine. Other required skills are the ability to compete for research funding at national and international level, to coordinate a research group, to teach at different study levels, and to initiate communication and outreach programs for the Faculty.
ADDITIONAL CONDITIONS FOR THE POSITION:
- Doctoral degree (PhD) in Physics;
- The title of Assistant Professor, Associate Professor or Full Professor of Physics at the University of Ljubljana, or an equivalent title at a similar internationally recognized institution. In the latter case, the contract can be signed either after the equivalence of the titles has been officially recognized, or after the guest professor title has been awarded to the candidate, or after meeting the minimal quantitative and qualitative criteria for the appointment to the required title (Criteria for Appointment to the Titles of University Teachers, Researchers and Associates at the University of Ljubljana). In the latter case, the candidate has to submit the necessary documents for the recognition of the title or the full dossier (bibliography, biography, etc.) proving that she/he meets the stated criteria for appointment to the title. A candidate has to enclose a statement that she/he agrees with the employment application to be considered also as an application for election to the title or for recognition of the title;
- B2 knowledge of Slovenian according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR), which is proven by a certificate (the selected candidate will have to gain it in three years from the employment starting date).
We offer financial, technical and administrative support to initiate the research and provide administrative assistance while arranging accommodation and working/residence permit. The employment is available from October 1, 2020 onwards.
Applications must include:
- Cover letter,
- CV together with a full list of publications,
- List of up to ten scientific achievements together with a short description highlighting the relevance of the achievement to the position profile,
- Two (maximum three) pages long outline of research plans within the position (research statement) for the next five years,
- Copy of the highest degrees/diploma,
- List of referees who can be contacted directly by the evaluation committee. Recommendation letters are not requested for now,
- Evidence of teaching excellence,
- Any other relevant documentation.
The applicants will be assessed by an expert evaluation committee. The candidates whose applications will be found most interesting, will be invited to the interview.
Applications should be submitted to the following address:
Faculty of mathematics and physics,
University of Ljubljana
Jadranska 19, 1000 Ljubljana
Or via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Additional information can be obtained at the following e-mail address : email@example.com