Application form for European Attestation Certificate (EACMPE)
To reach MPE status (Level 8) in the specialty area requires a minimum total of four years equivalent clinical training (2 years equivalent of foundation training in the specialty area to clinical certification and a further two years equivalent of advanced, structured experience and CPD in the specialty).
For certified medical physicists:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Certificate issued by a national certification body that certifies physicists and related scientists to practice medical physics
- Contact details of the national certification body (postal address, telephone, email address)
- Proof of at least two full-time years equivalent of advanced, structured experience and CPD in the specialty.
For non-certified medical physicists:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Proof of academic qualifications, e.g. MSc, PhD, etc. (copies of university-awarded degrees)
- Proof of clinical training indicating the duration of medical physics training signed by the training institution.
- Proof of at least two full-time years equivalent of advanced, structured experience and CPD in the specialty
- For candidates with less than two years of clinical training only: proof of experience as a supervised medical physicist is required.
- Proof of active membership of the relevant national medical physics society.
- Candidates who have trained in more than one sub-discipline must contact the EEB to check their eligibility.
Submission of complete accompanying documentation must be finalised by the application deadline.
All documents not in English must be accompanied by certified translations.
Any candidate applying for the EACMPE will be charged the €350 ‘first attempt fee’. In the event of a candidate failing the first attempt, any subsequent attempts will be charged €290.
The examination fee is reduced by 20% for those applying for EACMPE in a 2nd or 3rd sub-specialty.
Calculated Fees: 0€
Notice for the fees: full payment must have been received by the application deadline of the relevant examination. Only applications for which full payment has been received will be accepted. If you do not meet the eligibility criteria, the EEB will not accept your application and your examination fee will be refunded. Refunds cannot be provided in other cases, for example in case of incomplete applications or if an applicant withdraws his/her application.