Guidelines on the Medical Physics Expert Published.
You can download it here.
MPE staffing levels FAQ
It is not possible for the list to contain every diagnostic or treatment device. If they were not commonly in use when the data on staffing factors was collected and analysed the WTE for these units would not be indicated and must be assessed locally and added on to the WTE calculated from the list.
‘New’ is when the treatment is undergoing clinical trials. Once it is in normal clinical use it becomes ‘established’. This may include a part year effect and then the WTE must be used pro-rata for the duration of the clinical trials. For example, if the clinical trials lasted 6 months then only half the WTE indicated should be used.
These are the tasks included in the equipment related section:
- QA (on site)
- QA (analysis and reporting)
- Optimisation: troubleshooting protocols flagged by users
- Optimisation: troubleshooting protocols flagged by dose audit
- Dose audit/ calculation
- Acceptance/Commissioning of system
- Acceptance/Commissioning of component e.g. x-ray tube/detector
- Optimisation: setting up exposure protocols
- Critical/Radiation Safety Examination
- Other support / advice